Porth's Essentials of Pathophysiology, 5th edition
Tommie L Norris
Prepare for your future nursing career with Essentials of Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States
. This clear, readable, and student-friendly text delivers “need to
know” disease content along with the essential foundation in science
that students need to succeed in their future careers. Approaching the
topic as an exploration of pathophysiology, the book relates normal body
functioning to the physiologic changes that occur as a result of
disease and provides concise yet complete coverage of how the body
The Fifth Edition, which is based on the comprehensive Porth’s Pathophysiology , 10th edition, includes a dynamic art program, unit-opening case studies, and lifespan content threaded throughout. 3D animations online and a brilliant art program enhance the learning experience.
Key benefits of Essentials of Pathophysiology include:
- Unit Opening Case Studies prepare students for clinical practice and put a real face on pathophysiology and help relate the clinical presentation to the underlying pathophysiology.
- “Chunked” content, including learning outcomes and summary statements, encourages students to pause to review salient points.
- Full-color Art increases understanding of key concepts showing the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes.
- Lab References are easily accessible with lists of common suffixes and prefixes, normal laboratory values in both conventional and SI units, and a comprehensive glossary.
- Narrated Animations , available on thePoint, bring to life the most clinically relevant and difficult to understand disorders.
212.72 x 276.23 mm