Irwin and Rippe's Intensive Care Medicine
Richard S. Irwin
- Product Format
- Height x Width
- 7011 x 5411 mm
- Approaches intensive care from an interprofessional, collaborative perspective, encompassing anesthesia, surgery, trauma, and neuro [should this be neurology, or something different?], as well as cardiovascular and medical intensive care.
- Maintains a practical, clinically-oriented approach, with comprehensive sections on procedures, techniques, and ultrasound; minimally invasive monitoring; pharmacology, overdoses, and poisoning; infectious disease; transplantation; critical care consequences of agents of mass destruction; and many more.
- Features many new chapters, and an entirely new section on Palliative Care and Ethical Issues in the Critical Care Unit.
- Reflects the rising importance of point-of-care ultrasonography with five hours of expertly narrated video embedded into 23 relevant chapters, clearly depicting the ideal use of this tool for intensivists.
- Includes a section on ICU Design, Organization, Operation, and Outcome Measures that addresses important changes and advances regarding safety, clinical practice guidelines, decreasing the cost of care, tele-ICU, and more.
- Provides extensive updates reflecting advances in cardiovascular intensive care, surgical critical care, shock and trauma, and sepsis management.
- Includes recommendations reflecting randomized controlled clinical trials, summarized, when possible, in quick-reference tables throughout.
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click