100 Cases in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
Eamon Shamil, Praful Ravi, Dipak Mistry
- Succinct case studies presented in an easy to read format
- Questions at the end of each case prompt readers to thing about their options for treatment or actions they should consider
- Answer pages guide readers through the experienced clinician's sequence of thoughts and actions, and outline important clinical considerations
- Information and key point boxes reinforce learning, ideal during exam revision
- A broad range of common conditions is covered, together with more unusual cases, for a wide exposure to the presentations that will most frequently be encountered by the student or junior when working in emergency and critical care settings
This new addition to the popular 100 cases series explores common clinical scenarios that will be encountered by the medical student and junior doctor during practical training in the emergency department, in the community and in intensive and critical care settings, and which are likely to feature in qualifying examinations. The book covers a broad range of presentations, organized by sub-specialty area for ease of reference. Comprehensive answers highlight key take home points from each case and provide practical advice on how to deal with the challenges that occur when practising emergency and critical care medicine at all levels.
Critical care. Medicine. Mental Health & Overdose. Neurology & Neurosurgery. Trauma & Orthopaedics. General Surgery & Urology. ENT, Ophthalmology and Maxillofacial Surgery. Paediatrics. Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Medicolegal.