Critical Care Medicine
THE ESSENTIALS AND MORE
John J Marini, David J Dries
With a full-color design and concise, easy-to-read chapters, Critical Care Medicine: The Essentials and a Bit More covers the core elements of critical care, with a unique focus on the pathophysiology underlying clinical disorders and how pathophysiologic concerns affect treatment options. There is much here that’s new: brand-new content, expanded discussions, and more graphical elements than ever before. Chapters follow a consistent structural template, with discussions of diagnosis, instrumentation, treatment and management techniques, and more. Expertly and succinctly captures all the fundamentals of the field!
- Designed primarily for use by students and residents, but also helpful for anyone already in practice.
- Emphasizes the pathophysiologic elements and treatments of illness and injury.
- Now with updated drug info and more substantial coverage of interventional radiology, pregnancy care, and organization of critical care.
- Adds new, brief summaries that present opposing arguments of controversial points.
- Topics range from intubation, ventilation, and pharmacotherapy, as well as drug overdoses, sepsis, gastrointestinal bleeding, and other crisis care scenarios.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more.