Patterns and Differential Diagnoses
James C. Reed
Sharpen your skills in chest x-ray interpretation using this trusted clinical resource! Chest Radiology: Patterns and Differential Diagnoses, 7th Edition, by Dr. James Reed, walks you through a logical, sequential thought process for the differential diagnoses of 23 radiologic patterns of common chest diseases, using 150 superbly illustrated patient cases. You’ll gain a solid and thorough understanding of how to read and interpret chest x-rays with expert guidance on common disease patterns, differential diagnoses, narrowing down the diagnoses, and further studies (from additional radiographic exams to CT or to biopsy). Each chapter follows a consistent format: Presenting Case, Questions, Discussion, Top 5 Diagnoses, Summary, and Answer Guide.
- Heavily illustrated with chest radiographs and additional CT, HRCT, and MR correlative images; plus bulleted summary boxes of comprehensive diagnoses lists and interpretation points.
- An ideal resource for mastering this lower-cost modality before considering more complicated and costly procedures.
- Illustrated case studies and quizzes feature new and improved questions that address the challenges seen in practice today.
- Significant updates on carcinoid tumors and pulmonary nodules, including pathologic descriptions, detection, management, and new terminology; new lung cancer screening guidelines and benefits of CT vs. x-ray for screening; and CT description of nodules, detection of pulmonary nodules with chest x-rays, anatomic and perception problems with x-rays in identifying nodules.
- New content on diffuse disease, including new pathologic terms and the latest impact of high resolution CT (HRCT).
- Updates on radiation dosing and emphasis on lower dosing, and an expanded emphasis on how to interpret x-rays and CT scans.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Weight: 840.00 grams Pages: 416 Illus: Approx. 446 illustrations Size: 190 X 265 mm Product Type: Hardcover
Part 1: Chest Wall, Pleura, and Mediastinum
2. Chest Wall Lesions
3. Pleural and Subpleural Opacities
4. Pleural Effusion
5. Pleural Thickening and Pleural Calcification
6. Elevated Diaphragm
7. Shift of the Mediastinum
8. Widening of the Mediastinum
9. Anterior Mediastinal Mass
10. Middle Mediastinal Mass
11. Hilar Enlargement
12. Posterior Mediastinal Mass
Part 2: Pulmonary Opacities
14. Segmental and Lobar Consolidations
15. Diffuse Air-Space Opacities
16. Multifocal Ill-Defined Opacities
17. Diffuse Fine Nodular Opacities
18. Fine Reticular Opacities
19. Coarse Reticular Opacities (Honeycomb Lung)
20. Solitary Pulmonary Nodule
21. Multiple Nodules and Masses
Part 3: Hyperlucent Abnormalities
22. Hyperlucent Thorax
23. Solitary Lucent Defect
24. Multiple Lucent Lesions