Connective Tissue Massage
Bindegewebsmassage According to Dicke
The first systematic guide to the highly effective treatment technique of connective tissue massage
I wholeheartedly recommend this book! It is brilliantly designed with a solid clinical focus, in a user-friendly format. -- Michael Masaracchio, PT, PhD, FAAOMPT, Associate Professor, Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY
Dickes systematic, scientifically based treatment method of connective tissue massage (or Bindegewebsmassage) is now in wide use throughout the world. In this book, practitioners will get the first detailed, how-to description of connective tissue massage (CTM) "in the English language" including the principles, knowledge, and skills to implement it.
- Begins with the origin and practical benefits of CTM, including its neuroanatomical and neurophysiological basis
- Explores the relationship between the sensory, motor, and autonomic nervous systems and the complex reflex mechanisms that are activated by CTM therapy
- Describes and illustrates specific stroking techniques that trigger the appropriate neural reflexes in every body segment
- Shows how to make a diagnostic assessment based on skin, connective tissue, and muscle zones
- Covers the full range of orthopedic, neurological, internal medicine, and gynecologic disorders that can be effectively treated with CTM
Complete with treatment plans, indications and contraindications, and modern medical guidelines, this book is essential for all physical and massage therapists and osteopaths who want to successfully integrate CTM into their practices. It is also a fascinating reference for physicians and other medical professionals who are interested in learning more about this important manual technique.