Master Techniques in Orthopedic Surgery: Knee Arthroplasty
Mark W. Pagnano
Helmed by a brand-new editor from the Mayo Clinic, the latest edition
has been updated with new procedures and principles and additional
imagery. Each technique is described in step-by-step detail. You will
also find an overview of each injury or condition, explanations of
indications and preoperative planning, complications and issues to watch
out for, and tips for success.
- Lavishly illustrated with nearly 1,500 images that add a visual “how-to” to procedural instructions.
- More procedures than ever before, written authoritatively by master surgeons.
- New chapters—on the latest techniques and principles—help you stay up-to-date with current trends and development.
- eBook now features embedded links to a video to contextualize principles and techniques.
- Covers major trauma outcome surgery—MTOS.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
- "The fourth edition of this book on knee arthroplasty has been
significantly updated since the 2008 third edition. Purchase of the
print book includes access to an ebook with enhanced video, audio, and
This book seeks "to provide direct, detailed access to techniques preferred by orthopaedic surgeons who are recognized by their colleagues as 'masters' in their specialty." This worthy objective is wonderfully accomplished with the videos accessible in the ebook.
This book is appropriately written and composed for practicing surgeons as well as fellows and residents still in training. The numerous contributors are recognized authorities and innovators in the areas in which they have written.
Basic and advanced principles, surgical approaches, complex issues and complications of primary and revision knee replacement arthroplasty are detailed. Surgical alternatives to standard knee replacement are provided.
This is an excellent publication and a necessary addition to the academic orthopedic surgical library. It provides valuable information to those involved with total knee replacement. Significant changes have occurred in knee replacement surgery in the past 10 years, and this fourth edition is justified.
It is truly composed "in the best interest of the patient."
Weighted Numerical Score: 99 - 5 Stars!
212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781496315052