Knowledge at-a-glance on all aspects of Parkinsons and related syndromes.
The only resource of its kind, this is a concise yet comprehensive overview of Parkinsons disease and related syndromes written for PAs, medical students, case managers, and nurse practitioners in primary care and neurology settings. In an easy-to-read approach, it encompasses diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing management of the Parkinsonian patient along with abundant patient education and caregiver resources. The guide also addresses the unique considerations, treatment requirements, challenges, and prognoses for each of the Parkinson syndromes.
The resource presents a brief overview of the anatomy and physiology of Parkinsons disease including the different types of Parkinsonian syndromes, assessment, and state-of-the-art diagnostic tools. It addresses measurement tools and disease progression for both motor and non-motor symptoms. Treatment options include the most current FDA-approved treatments with expert clinical commentary. Illustrations and diagrammatic representations of concepts, along with call-out boxes presenting key author insight, enhance the “information-at-a-glance” focus of the guide. Resources for patient and family offer relief from the burden of care-giving.
- Offers comprehensive yet pithy coverage of Parkinsons disease in bulleted, quick-reference format for busy practitioners
- Covers the unique considerations of Parkinson-plus syndromes
- Includes illustrations, diagrams, and tables to quickly reinforce concepts
- Provides call-out boxes with key author insights
- Presents valuable resources for patient and family
Dimensions 203 x 127