Anatomical Kinesiology Revised Edition provides students with a comprehensive and concise resource for mastering the muscles and related anatomy responsible for body movement. This is a foundational topic needed for application to other important areas including biomechanics, musculoskeletal injuries, rehabilitation, strength and conditioning, and more.
The text uses 18 chapters divided across five sections to cover all the material. Section I has four chapters that present the anatomy and physiology concepts most relevant to kinesiology such as body orientation; terminology; and the skeletal, muscular, and nervous organ systems. Section II is divided into three chapters on the bones and their landmarks. The final three sections contain the muscle chapters: One section for the lower extremities, one for the axial skeleton, and one for the upper extremities. The chapters are divided by regions (i.e. ankle, knee, shoulder, etc.).
A perforated workbook can be found at the end of the text providing students with review questions and study material that will help readers memorize and understand the function of various bones and muscles of the body.
- More than 250 vivid anatomical illustrations add clarity to the content.
- Phonetic spellings are provided immediately following the names of many muscles since they may be difficult to pronounce for students new to the study of anatomy.
- Pause to Check for Understanding boxes provide students with an opportunity to reflect on important concepts and to consider what they have learned from the major sections within each chapter.
- The online Anatomy & Physiology Review Module serves as an interactive study tools that allows students to explore the human body and test their knowledge.
- Each new print copy includes Navigate Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.