Illus: Approx. 450 illustrations (350 in full color) Size: 216 X 276 mm Product Type: Hardcover
Covering the evaluation and management of every key disease and condition affecting newborns, Averys Diseases of the Newborn, by Drs. Christine A. Gleason and Sandra E. Juul, remains your #1 source for practical, clinically relevant information in this fast-changing field. Youll find the specific strategies you need to confidently diagnose and treat this unique patient population, in a full-color, easy-to-use single volume that focuses on key areas of practice. Now in a thoroughly revised 10th Edition, this highly respected reference is an authoritative clinical resource for neonatal practitioners.
New To This Edition:
- Provides up-to-date information on every aspect of newborn evaluation and management in a new, visually improved format featuring more than 500 all-new, full-color illustrations integrated within each chapter.
- Includes greatly expanded Neurology and Hematology sections that highlight the knowledge and expertise of new co-editor, Dr. Sandra E. Juul.
- Features all-new chapters on Palliative Care, Gastroesophageal Reflux, Platelet Disorders, Transfusion Therapy, Hypertension, , and The Ear and Hearing Disorders, as well as expanded coverage of brain injury and neuroprotective strategies in the preterm and term infant.
- Contains new Key Points boxes at the beginning of every chapter.
- Brings you up to date on current topics such as the evolving epidemic of neonatal abstinence syndrome and the new clinical uses of ultrasound (including ultrasound videos online).
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Treat newborns effectively with focused coverage of diagnosis and management, including pertinent developmental physiology and the pathogenesis of neonatal problems.
- Meet every challenge you face in neonatology with Averys authoritative, comprehensive clinical resource and subspecialty review tool.
- Navigate quickly and easily with extensive cross-referencing throughout the organ-related sections.
New To This Edition:
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image gallery.
- Stay current with coverage of hot topics including MRSA, neonatal pain, cardiovascular fetal interventions, care of the late preterm infant, and the developing intestinal microbiome.
- Tap into the fresh perspectives of new editors who provide extensive updates throughout, particularly on genetic and respiratory disorders.
- Apply the latest nutritional findings with thorough discussions of this valuable information in the more comprehensive nutrition section.
- Master the fundamentals of neonatology through the greater emphasis on developmental biology and pathobiology.