Cardiovascular Hemodynamics for the Clinician, 2nd Edition, provides a useful, succinct and understandable guide to the practical application of hemodynamics in clinical medicine for all trainees and clinicians in the field.
- Concise handbook to help both practicing and prospective clinicians better understand and interpret the hemodynamic data used to make specific diagnoses and monitor ongoing therapy
- Numerous pressure tracings throughout the book reinforce the text by demonstrating what will be seen in daily practice
- Topics include coronary artery disease; cardiomyopathies; valvular heart disease; arrhythmias; hemodynamic support devices and pericardial disease
- New chapters on TAVR, ventricular assist devices, and pulmonic valve disease, expanded coverage of pulmonary hypertension, fractional flow reserve, heart failure with preserved ejection fraction and valvular heart disease
- Provides a basic overview of circulatory physiology and cardiac function followed by detailed discussion of pathophysiological changes in various disease states