- Accessible – concise, practical text with electronic materials that bring to life the heart beats, sounds, and pulsing of blood vessels
- Flexible – study questions with click-to-review answer choices require the user to pause and self-assess as they progress through the modules
- Interactive – hotspots that can be clicked to add data, make choices, draw graphs, and reveal information
- Relevant – clinical examples ensure relevance for students in medical school and early postgraduate training
- eResources – visit www.crcpress.com/9781138096691 for digital resources that supplement and enhance the textual descriptions
Cardiovascular disease remains the chief cause of mortality and morbidity in adults in many parts of the world, and diagnosis and treatment is increasingly based on cellular, intracellular, and molecular parameters as well as systems analysis. Consequently, it is vital that medical students learn the fundamental physiology of the cardiovascular system. This book, along with its interactive electronic learning modules, breathes life into the subject, with animations, videos, and game-like decision-making.