Colorectal Surgery provides a short, up-to-date and practical reference guide for surgical trainees and established consultants needing a refresher.
The seventh edition has been edited and fully revised by respected experts in their fields, and provides a full list of current references and relevant resources. It includes recent developments in colorectal surgery, including changes to colorectal cancer screening, multimodal therapy for rectal cancer and changes to the terminology and management of anal neoplasia. Several new authors and co-authors have joined the expert team.
This volume is part of the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series, the pre-eminent reference for trainees in general surgery and those preparing for the FRCS examinations. Each volume summarises key issues within each surgical sub-specialty and provides evidence-based recommendations to support practice.
- Several new expert authors
- New chapters on colon cancer, rectal cancer, anal neoplasia, Crohn’s disease and anal fistula,
- Changes in colorectal cancer screening and the use of faecal immunohistochemical testing
- Changes and terminology and management of anal neoplasia
- Concise and easy to follow – ideal for exam revision or as a refresher aid
- Fully updated with latest evidence on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures
- Details of relevant investigations and evidence-based recommendations to support practice
- Key references to support content, plus a comprehensive list of references in the accompanying eBook
- Links to recommended online videos for further learning