Core Topics in General & Emergency Surgery provides a short, up-to-date and practical reference guide for surgical trainees and established consultants needing a refresher.
The seventh edition has been edited and fully revised by respected experts in their fields, and provides a full list of current references and relevant resources. It covers a range of topics relevant to all areas of surgical practice – beyond surgical knowledge – that are essential for enhanced patient outcomes. These include quality improvement in emergency surgery, evaluation of new technology, evaluation of surgical literature, and human factors.
This volume is part of the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series, the pre-eminent reference for trainees in general surgery and those preparing for the FRCS examinations. Each volume summarises key issues within each surgical sub-specialty and provides evidence-based recommendations to support practice.
- New chapters on surgical technology, quality improvement in emergency surgery
- All chapters revised and updated
- Covers relevant topics not found in other surgical textbooks – essential to improve surgical outcomes
- Concise and easy to follow – ideal for exam revision or as a refresher aid
- Fully updated with latest evidence on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures
- International authorship offers a world view
- Evidence-based recommendations to support practice
- Key references to support content, plus a comprehensive list of references in the accompanying eBook
- Links to recommended online videos for further learning