Featuring new co-editor Piyush Patel, MD, the updated edition of Cottrell and Patels Neuroanesthesia continues to serve as the definitive reference on this important field of medicine. Clinically oriented chapters are clearly organized and cover key clinical points, case presentations, and discussions, delivering the complete and authoritative guidance you need to ensure optimal perioperative safety for neurosurgical patients.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Access brand-new information to keep you current! All chapters have been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest developments in neurosurgical anesthesia.
- A completely reorganized TOC offers easier access to information.
- Covers the latest advances in neuromodality monitoring — brain tissue oxygenation oximetry; microdialysis; and depth of anesthesia.
- Includes a brand-new chapter on end-of-life care and the diagnosis and management of brain death, as well as a new chapter on minimally invasive techniques.
- New information on Parkinsons disease has been added to the chapter on Awake Craniotomy.