This volume provides an overview of the biochemical basis of metabolic diseases and molecular basis of chemical pathologies. Metabolic disorders occur when metabolic processes in the body are disrupted. They contribute a significant burden to human health globally. They can be congenital or acquired, for example, diabetes mellitus, obesity, metabolic syndrome, osteoporosis, osteopenia, mild-moderate hypovitaminosis D, erectile dysfunction, dyslipidemia, and thyroiditis. Metabolic disorders have gained significant importance due to the exponential increase in obesity worldwide. Early diagnosis of metabolic disorders is important in order to employ lifestyle and risk factor modification.
- An overview of the biochemical basis of metabolic diseases and molecular basis of chemical pathologies
- Describes recent trends in diagnosis of metabolic disorders
- Discusses management and treatment of metabolic diseases
- Allows quick identification and retrieval of material by researchers learning the efficacy, associated dosage and toxicity of each of the classes of compounds
- Suitable globally for graduate and postgraduate students studying metabolic diseases