Covering all aspects of neuropathology, this updated volume in the Diagnostic Pathology series is an excellent point-of-care resource for pathologists at all levels of experience and training—both as a quick reference and as an efficient review to improve knowledge and skills. The third edition is an easy-to-use, one-stop reference for the most recent clinical, pathological, histological, and molecular knowledge in the field. It offers complete information on lesions of the brain, sellar region, and peripheral nerves, as well as benign cysts and selected infectious, inflammatory, reactive, vascular, and cortical dysplastic lesions, enabling you to arrive at the correct diagnosis and prepare actionable, useful reports.
- Incorporates new WHO Classification of Tumors of the Central Nervous System, 5th Edition
- Offers information on neoplasms of the brain, sellar region, and peripheral nerves, as well as benign cysts and selected infectious, inflammatory, reactive, and vascular lesions, aiding you in arriving at the correct diagnosis
- Emphasizes surgical pathology but also provides significant content on nonneoplastic diseases that present with focal lesions, especially those that are potentially misinterpreted as neoplasms
- Features new and updated chapters detailing several types of tumors that have been reclassified due to recent molecular driver information, cIMPACT-NOW recommendations, and the WHO Classification, 5th Edition
- Features nearly 1,700 annotated images throughout, including neuroimaging studies, histology and immunohistochemical stains, and high-quality medical illustrations
- Incorporates time-saving features such as a templated, highly formatted design; concise, bulleted text; a variety of test data tables; key facts in each chapter; and an extensive index
- Includes the enhanced eBook version, which allows you to access all text, figures, and references on a variety of devices