The new edition of the acclaimed reference text on the most critical tool in pediatric cardiology practice
Echocardiography in Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease provides comprehensive guidance on the use of non-invasive ultrasound imaging in the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric cardiac conditions. Written by a team of experts from the worlds leading pediatric cardiology centers, this highly-illustrated, full-color reference covers anatomy, pathophysiology, ultrasound physics, laboratory setup, patient preparation and safety, pediatric echocardiogram protocols, quantitative methods of echocardiographic evaluation, and more.
Offering a wealth of additional material on state-of-the-art techniques and technologies in echocardiography, the thoroughly revised third edition features entirely new chapters on examination guidelines and standards, quality improvement in the laboratory, perioperative echocardiography, hemodynamic assessment of the neonate, early fetal echocardiography, and multimodality imaging. This edition offers updated and expanded discussion of the latest advances in echocardiography, particularly those related to speckle tracking and 3D echocardiography. An essential resource for all practitioners, instructors, and trainees in the field, Echocardiography in Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease:
- Provides up-to-date reference to ultrasound imaging of the hearts of fetuses, children, and adults with both acquired and congenital heart disease
- Covers the echocardiographic examination of congenital cardiovascular abnormalities before, during, and after treatment
- Describes quantitative methods of echocardiographic evaluation, including assessment of diastolic function, right ventricular function and assessment of the post-Fontan patient
- Discusses intraoperative echocardiography, heart disease in pregnancy, and other special techniques and topics
- Includes more than 1200 high-quality color images as well as a companion website with over 600 video clips
Echocardiography in Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, Third Edition, remains an essential textbook for cardiac sonographers, pediatric and adult cardiologists, echocardiography nurses and technicians, and adult cardiologists with interest in congenital heart disease.