The only definitive guide in 2 volumes for physiotherapists on the assessment and treatment of cervical spine disorders.
Essential Guide to the Cervical Spine is a two-volume, highly illustrated comprehensive guide to assessing, understanding and treating disorders and syndromes of the cervical spine which will give the practitioner confidence to treat and improve their patient care.
Volume One: Clinical Assessment and Therapeutic Approaches covers all aspects essential to understanding the clinical complexity of the cervical spine, outlining procedures for a correct clinical assessment of the patient. It discusses current issues regarding patterns of cervical spine pain, clinical reasoning, the pathomechanics of joint dysfunction and the use of tests. It also describes in detail the various concepts and therapeutic approaches currently used in the diagnosis and treatment of the cervical spine, myofascial pain syndrome, neuromuscular control deficits, neurodynamics along with the various techniques of mobilization and joint manipulation. The international collaboration of leading experts in the field of research and an extensive clinical practice and literature review make this a must-read book for anyone concerned with the prevention and treatment of neck pain.
An indispensable guide for those practitioners who want to develop or hone the skills needed to assess the cervical spine.
Volume Two: Clinical Syndromes and Manipulative Approaches comprehensively addresses the diagnosis and treatment of the various and complex syndromes that occur in the cervical spine, from discogenic syndromes to cervical myelopathy and the physical and psychological factors involved in whiplash. A particularly important chapter is devoted to the identification of risk factors in manual treatment of the cervical spine. The last chapter deals with new contributions in the neurobiology of pain and considers chronic neck pain from a biopsychosocial perspective. The international collaboration of leading experts in the field of research and an extensive clinical practice and literature review make this a must-read book for anyone concerned with the prevention and treatment of neck pain.
An indispensable guide for those practitioners who want to establish guidelines for the safe and effective treatment of the cervical spine and their patients.
- World authorities from across the field demonstrate best practice for assessing patients and choice of clinical treatment methods for cervical spine disorders
- Covers clinical anatomy and biomechanics of the cervical spine
- Includes chapter on pain patterns
- Showcases optimal delivery of treatments by combining clinical art and skills with research and evidence-based practice
- Heavily illustrated with over 600 figures
- World authorities from across the field demonstrate best practice for diagnosing and treating cervical spine syndromes
- Includes major chapter on the complex pain patient
- Showcases safe and effective manipulative approaches by combining clinical art and skills with research and evidence-based practice
- Heavily illustrated with over 650 figures
Illus: Approx. 1526 illustrations (604 in full color)Size: 189 X 246 mm
Product Type: Hardcover