Lung function assessment is the central pillar of modern respiratory diagnosis, providing invaluable information to assist in clinical decision making and management strategies.Interpreting Lung Function Tests: A Step-by Step Guide is a practical βhow-toβ training manual, which provides the reader with the necessary skills to interpret lung function test results, and to write a concise and informative report on the outcome.
Interpreting Lung Function Tests: A Step-by Step GuideΒ Β
- provides unique guidance on the reporting of pulmonary function tests, including illustrative cases and sample reports.
- utilizes the many references available on interpretation of lung function and provides a teaching/reference tool for report writing of lung function results routinely performed in clinical practice.
- provides the reader with the skill to interpret and write a concise, yet informative report
- provides examples of results and written reports (with commentary where necessary as further explanation).
- focuses primarily on tests performed as part of routine clinical testing: spirometry, static lung volumes, gas transfer, bronchial provocation tests, and maximal respiratory pressures.
Interpreting Lung Function Tests: A Step-by Step Guideis a superb new resource to educate medical students, junior doctors, family physicians, as well as advanced trainee physicians specializing in respiratory medicine, respiratory scientists, and respiratory physicians