Get the Big Picture of Medical Microbiology-and zero-in on what your really need to know to ace the course and board exams and prepare for clinical rotations!
A Doodys Core Title!
4 STAR DOODYS REVIEW!
“This is in a league of its own, encompassing aspects of a textbook, an atlas, and a high yield quick-reference….For medical students and residents looking for a book that emphasizes the clinical presentation and treatment of human pathogens, this is highly recommended. Overall, this is a beautifully bound workbook-style text, with high-gloss pages and well oriented color pictures, tables, and diagrams. This is the book that will help new medical practitioners to see the forest for the trees of infectious disease.” — Doodys Review Service
Medical Microbiology: The Big Picture is a different kind of resource. With an emphasis on what you “need to know” versus “whats nice to know,” and featuring 300 full-color illustrations, it offers a focused, streamlined overview of clinical microbiology and immunology. Youll find a succinct, user-friendly presentation designed to make even the most complex concepts understandable in a short amount of time.
With just the right balance of information to give you the edge at exam time, Medical Microbiology: The Big Picture features:
- A “Big Picture” perspective on precisely what you need to know
- Clinically oriented coverage of infections of the central nervous system, eyes and ears, respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract, hematopoietic/lymphoreticular system, bone and joints, and more
- 300 labeled and fully-explained full-color illustrations
- Numerous summary tables and figures
- Key concepts at the end of each chapter
- 100 USMLE-type questions, answers, and explanations to help you prepare for the exams