Staying true to the unique, problem-oriented approach of Dr. Hugh Moffets previous editions, the fifth edition of Moffets Pediatric Infectious Diseases walks the reader step by step through diagnosis and management using a signs and symptoms approach. This patient-oriented structure leads to a logical development of a differential diagnosis and evaluation and treatment plan, offering clear steps to confirm the diagnosis and provide appropriate therapy.
- A patient-focused, problem-oriented approach helps you develop the thought process that leads to more accurate diagnoses and better patient care – no matter how complex the patient presentation.
- Greatly revised content throughout, including new medications, new names of known pathogens, new practice guidelines, and extensive revisions to chapters on urinary syndromes, hepatitis syndromes, and HIV infection and AIDS.
- Newly streamlined format features the most notable suggested readings, more boxes and tables, new clinical pearls, and new key points that summarize must-know information in each chapter.
- New two-color design and updated and expanded illustrations bring the text visually up to date and facilitate faster and easier mastery of the material.
- An experienced author team now includes Dr. Armando Correa, a pediatric infectious diseases physician who practices general pediatrics.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click — as well as share with friends and colleagues.