Oesophagogastric Surgery provides a short, up-to-date and practical reference guide for surgical trainees and established consultants needing an update in their subspecialty practice
The seventh edition has been edited and fully revised by respected international experts in their fields, and provides a full list of current references and relevant resources. It includes a focus on early cancer and covers new developments in hiatal surgery and bariatric surgery.
This volume is part of the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series, the pre-eminent reference for trainees in general surgery and those preparing for the FRCS examinations. Each volume summarises key issues within each surgical sub-specialty and provides evidence-based recommendations to support practice.
- New chapters on the detection and the treatment of early oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Focus on new developments in hiatal surgery and the rapidly moving world of bariatric surgery
- New authors and extensive revisions
- Written by leading experts from the UK, Europe and around the world
- Covers all key areas of upper Gastrointestinal surgery
- Concise and easy to follow – ideal for exam revision or as a refresher aid
- Fully updated with latest evidence on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures
- Details of relevant investigations and evidence-based recommendations to support practice
- Key references to support content, plus a comprehensive list of references in the accompanying eBook
- Links to recommended online videos for further learning