The fifth volume in Dr. Jonathan Berek’s bestselling series, Operative Techniques in Obstetric Surgery provides superbly illustrated, authoritative guidance on operative techniques along with a thorough understanding of how to select the best procedure, how to avoid complications, and what outcomes to expect. Easy to follow, up to date, and highly visual, this step-by-step reference edited by Drs. Michael A. Belfort, Alireza A. Shamshirsaz, Steven L. Clark, and Karin A. Fox covers the most common operations in obstetrics and is ideal for residents and physicians in daily practice.
- Succinct text, bulleted points, and quick-reference tables allow you to review information quickly and understand best practices and potential problems for each procedure.
- Hundreds of full-color intraoperative photographs and drawings, as well as more than 20 high-quality videos, capture procedures step by step and help you immediately apply your knowledge.
- Each clinical problem is discussed in the same templated format: general principles, anatomy and differential diagnosis, imaging and other diagnostics, preoperative planning, surgical management, procedures and techniques, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications.
- Coverage includes Cesarean delivery, management of postpartum hemorrhage including hysterectomy for placenta accreta spectrum, operative vaginal delivery and repair of lacerations, obstetric fistula repair, and more.
- Perfect for a quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure.
- Volume editors and contributors are thought leaders in their respective subspecialties and are known for their surgical expertise.