Boasting a new full-color design, Orthopaedics for the Physical Therapist Assistant, Second Edition provides students with evidence-based guidelines for the assessment and rehabilitation of the orthopaedic patient. After considering the fundamental knowledge and skills needed by the PTA student, the text then explores therapeutic activities and the orthopaedic management of specific joints. These joint chapters follow a uniform structure that considers relevant anatomy and kinesiology, examination techniques, common pathologies, and the various strategies and techniques with which they can be addressed.
Orthopaedics for the Physical Therapist Assistant utilizes a range of pedagogical features to improve learning and retention. These include Chapter Objectives that assist students in identifying key learning outcomes; Key Point boxes that emphasize important concepts, and Case Studies that allow students to apply their knowledge. Each chapter ends with Review Questions that test retention of key concepts.
- Features a full-color design, enhancing the presentation of anatomical illustrations and examination photos
- Includes a chapter on general orthopaedic conditions impacting multiple joints and systems
- Incorporates a chapter on clinical decision-making, emphasizing how and when to progress a patient
- Expands coverage of therapeutic exercise, including through the addition of a chapter on cardiovascular conditioning
- Features case studies emphasizing application of key concepts
- Instructor Resources: Test Bank, Slides in PowerPoint format, Image Bank