1,040 Pages | 309 black and white line drawings and photographs
For its third edition, this handbook has been fully revised and rewritten for the renowned Oxford Medical Handbook series. Including comprehensive coverage of all common surgical specialties and operations, it fully integrates practical advice on pre-operative procedure, equipment, step-by step surgical procedures, common techniques, and tips and tricks from over thirty experienced specialist surgeons.
With over three hundred detailed practical diagrams and images to assist your understanding and packed with step-by-step, concise, and clear expert advice, you can be confident that this handbook will be your essential guide to all aspects of operative surgery.
Providing an overview of modern operative surgical practice the Oxford Handbook of Operative Surgery will enable all surgeons, whether they are just starting out or posessing many years experience, to prepare fully and be confident in observing, assisting or performing across the wide variety of surgical operations. Fully up to date and reflecting current practice and guidelines, it provides an essential complement to the highly successful Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgery.
- Authoritative hands-on guidance written by experienced specialist surgeons
- Comprehensive coverage of all common operations, surgical management, and techniques
- Includes pre-operative and post-operative surgical management of the patient
New to this Edition:
- Fully rewritten with brand new chapters on all common specialties
- Includes hundreds of specially-commissioned diagrams and images
- Fully up-to-date, reflecting modern operative practice and guidelines