Completely updated and revised, the third edition provides primary care physicians with practice-tested, condition-specific treatment recommendations for various childhood mental disorders. Obtain clear guidance on dosing, monitoring, and potential adverse reactions of psychotropic medications for treatment of common psychiatric disorders and mental health or behavioral problems in children and adolescents.
It includes digital tools offering instant access to additional information on psychotropic medications.
- Conceptual framework for prescribing psychotropics
- Newly approved medications, changes in regulations and guidelines, and updates in the professional literature are included in this new edition
- Medications for specific diagnoses—ADHD, anxiety, and depression
- Food and Drug Administration approved antipsychotics and mood stabilizers and all other medications
- What to do when treatment is unsuccessful