Titles in the Pocket Tutor series give practical guidance on subjects that medical students and foundation doctors need help with ‘on the go’, at a highly-affordable price that puts them within reach of those rotating through modular courses or working on attachment.
Topics reflect information needs stemming from today’s integrated undergraduate and foundation courses:
- Common presentations
- Investigation options (e.g. ECG, imaging)
- Clinical and patient-orientated skills (e.g. examinations, history-taking)
The highly-structured, bite-size content helps novices combat the ‘fear factor’ associated with day-to-day clinical training, and provides a detailed resource that students and junior doctors can carry in their pocket.
- New edition features completely updated text, revised diagnostic algorithms, and higher quality photographs and figures
- Outlines examination techniques, investigation, and management options
- Clinical scenarios and concise disease descriptions teach clinical decision making and summarise disorders encountered in daily practice
- Third edition features links to narrated videos to help perfect clinical examination and diagnostic skills
- Highly-affordable price and convenient pocket-size format