Prepare for your future nursing career with Essentials of Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States . This clear, readable, and student-friendly text delivers “need to know” disease content along with the essential foundation in science that students need to succeed in their future careers. Approaching the topic as an exploration of pathophysiology, the book relates normal body functioning to the physiologic changes that occur as a result of disease and provides concise yet complete coverage of how the body works.
The Fifth Edition, which is based on the comprehensive Porths Pathophysiology , 10th edition, includes a dynamic art program, unit-opening case studies, and lifespan content threaded throughout. 3D animations online and a brilliant art program enhance the learning experience.
Key benefits of Essentials of Pathophysiology include:
- Unit Opening Case Studies prepare students for clinical practice and put a real face on pathophysiology and help relate the clinical presentation to the underlying pathophysiology.
- “Chunked” content, including learning outcomes and summary statements, encourages students to pause to review salient points.
- Full-color Art increases understanding of key concepts showing the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes.
- Lab References are easily accessible with lists of common suffixes and prefixes, normal laboratory values in both conventional and SI units, and a comprehensive glossary.
- Narrated Animations , available on thePoint, bring to life the most clinically relevant and difficult to understand disorders.
The leading content is also incorporated into Lippincott CoursePoint, a dynamic learning solution that integrates this books curriculum, adaptive learning tools, and real-time data reporting into one powerful student learning experience. Learn more at www.NursingEducationSuccess.com/CoursePoint.
212.72 x 276.23 mm