Weight: 3,280.00 grams
Pages: 1272Illus: Approx. 245 illustrations (145 in full color)Size: 216 X 279 mm
Product Type: Hardcover
Regarded as the definitive source of information in the field, Infectious Diseases of the Fetus and Newborn Infant remains your indispensable source for authoritative, state-of-the-art answers. Edited by Drs. Wilson, Nizet, Maldonado, Remington, and Klein, this fully updated reference helps you apply the latest evidence-based recommendations in the prevention, diagnosis, and management of infections found in utero, during delivery, and in the neonatal period in both premature and term infants.
- Form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible using evidence-based recommendations and expert guidance from world authorities.
- Locate key content easily and identify clinical conditions quickly thanks to a consistent, highly user-friendly format now featuring a full-color design with hundreds of illustrations, and fresh perspectives from six new authoritative chapter lead authors.
New To This Edition:
- Explore whats changing in key areas such as:
– emerging problems and concepts in maternal, fetal, and neonatal infectious diseases
– anticipation and recognition of infections occurring in utero, during delivery, and in the neonatal period
- Stay on the cutting edge of your field with new and improved chapters including: obstetric factors associated with infections of the fetus and newborn infant; human milk; borella infections; tuberculosis; bordetella pertussis and other bordetella sp infections; herpes simplex; toxoplasmosis; pneumocystis and other less common fungal infections; and healthcare-associated infections in the nursery
- Keep up with the most relevant topics in fetal/neonatal infectious disease including new antimicrobial agents, gram- negative infections and their management, and recommendations for immunization of the fetus/mother.
- Overcome clinical challenges in developing countries where access to proper medical care is limited.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.