Ace your medical courses and pass the Boards with the most up-to-date review of medical microbiology and immunology!
This trusted, popular guide provides a high-yield review of the most important aspects of microbiology and immunology in a concise yet comprehensive style. Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology covers both basic and clinical aspects of bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, and immunology. Important infectious diseases are discussed using an organ system approach.
The effective mix of engaging narrative text, color images, tables, figures, Q&As, and clinical vignettes make this an invaluable, proven one-stop guide to mastering the application of microbiology and immunology to infectious diseases. This updated edition reflects the latest research, treatment, and developments, as well as a new chapter on COVID-19.
Outstanding Tools for USMLE Studying
- Facilitates any study objective or learning style
- Essential for USMLE review and medical microbiology coursework
- 654 USMLE-style practice questions test your knowledge
- Complete USMLE-style practice exam
- Pearls cover the basic science necessary for passing the USMLE
- 50 clinical cases illustrate the importance of basic science information in clinical diagnosis
- Concise summaries of medically important organisms
- Color images depict clinically important findings, such as infectious disease lesions
- Color micrographs of stained microorganisms
- Chapter-ending self-assessment questions and answers
- New chapter on COVID-19 with images