Use this all-in-one reference in the lab – and to prepare for PFT credentialing exams! Ruppels Manual of Pulmonary Function Testing, 12th Edition provides comprehensive coverage of common pulmonary function tests, testing techniques, and the pathophysiology that may be evaluated by each test. It also includes information on equipment, measurement software, reference values, and quality assurance, so you can develop the testing skills you need to find and assess lung abnormalities and conditions such as asthma, COPD, and emphysema. Written by Carl D. Mottram, a well-known expert in pulmonary function procedures, this bestselling guide helps you get accurate test results every time.
- NEW! Indications for Pulmonary Function Testing chapter Includes updates in alignment with the 2019 ATS-ERS Spirometry Standards.
- NEW! Spirometry chapter adds updated Information per the new 2019 ATS-ERS Spirometry Technical Standard.
- NEW! Diffusing Capacity Tests chapter is aligned with the 2014 ERS-ATS Technical Standard and the 2017 Global Lung Initiative (GLI) DLCO reference set.
- NEW! Bronchoprovocation Challenge Testing chapter is updated with the 2017 ERS Methacholine Challenge Technical Standard and 2018 ERS Indirect Bronchial Challenge Testing (e.g., mannitol, exercise, hyperventilation, cold air).
- NEW! Specialized Test Regimens chapter includes 2018 ATS Reference Values in Children.
- NEW! Pulmonary Function Testing Equipment chapter is updated with new equipment and vendors.
- NEW! Quality Systems in the Pulmonary Function Laboratory chapter is updated with the newest version of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institutes (CLSI) Quality Management System (QMS01), which is the basis for any laboratory quality program, and a new table of recommended target CVs for Biological control (BioQC).
- NEW! Reference Values and Interpretation Strategies chapter adds new GLI (Global Lung Function Initiative) reference sets for Diffusing of the Lung and Lungs Volumes.