Long established as the preeminent source in its field, the eagerly anticipated fifth edition of Dr Stahls essential textbook of psychopharmacology is here! With its use of icons and figures that form Dr Stahls unique visual language, the book is the single most readable source of information on disease and drug mechanisms for all students and mental health professionals seeking to understand and utilize current therapeutics, and to anticipate the future for novel medications. Every aspect of the book has been updated, with the clarity of explanation that only Dr Stahl can bring. The new edition includes over 500 new or refreshed figures, an intuitive color scheme, fourteen new uses for older drugs and eighteen brand new drugs, coverage of Parkinsons Disease Psychosis, behavioural symptoms of dementia, and mixed features in major depressive episodes, and expanded information on the medical uses of cannabis and hallucinogen assisted psychotherapy.
- Thoroughly updated and extensively revised for the fifth edition, taking account of developments in the field
- Evidence-based principles for the use of psychopharmacologic drugs are clearly explained and developed
- Features the authors highly-praised writing style with clear, easy-to-follow illustrations
- Highly illustrated throughout with over 500 brand new or refreshed eye-catching, clear, color diagrams
- Carefully selected suggested reading directs the reader to the most relevant sources for further information on a particular topic
- All chapters have been restructured to reflect Neuroscience based Nomenclature, that is, drugs named for their mechanism of action rather than use
- Indispensable for all students and professionals in mental health