Weight: 930.00 grams
Pages: 264Illus: Approx. 850 illustrations (800 in full color)
Size: 222 X 281 mm
Unique in the field, Surgical Implantation of Cardiac Rhythm Devices provides complete, easy-to-follow guidance for safe, effective surgical implantation of pacemakers, ICDs, and other devices. Beginning with surgical anatomy and surgical principles, expert authors provide thorough coverage of surgical technique and procedures – everything from sutures to special circumstances and complications. Detailed, high-quality illustrations show you exactly how to proceed, and each procedure includes an accompanying video clip online.
- Outlines relevant anatomic structures and landmarks, as well as various types of sutures and instruments.
- Provides authoritative, detailed guidance on transvenous lead placement, including novel or alternative placements, as well as implantation of subcutaneous ICDs.
- Covers tools and techniques, anesthesia, radiation safety, pitfalls and complications, tips and pearls, patient preparation, postoperative patient management, and follow-up care.
- Offers expert coverage of pediatric considerations and other special circumstances.
- Allows you to view surgical procedures and relevant anatomy in video clips online, as well as through extensive, high-quality illustrations in the text.
- Ideal for EP fellows, practicing electrophysiologists, and cardiologists who perform surgical procedures to implant pacemakers, ICDs, and other devices.
Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.