Concise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual Hematology and Oncology Subspecialty Consult, 4th Edition, provides quick access to the essential information needed to evaluate a patient on a subspecialty consult service. This edition offers state-of-the-art content, including coverage of new anti-cancer drugs and new biomarkers and therapeutic targets. Ideal for fellows, residents, and medical students rotating on hematology and oncology subspecialty services, the manual is also useful as a first-line resource for internists and other primary care providers.
- Thoroughly revised to include new standards in the treatment of malignancies and hematologic disorders, mechanisms of action of new therapeutic agents, and the current use of molecular prognostic factors.
- A new chapter on immunotherapy reviews approved and potentially approved new therapies that help you improve clinical outcomes for your patients.
- A reorganized, consistent format throughout ensures that you can find what you need quickly and easily.
- Comprehensive coverage addresses all areas of hematology and oncology.
- Symptoms, signs, and problems encountered in daily practice are presented in a quick-reference bulleted format.
- Updated references are provided for readers who would like additional information on a particular topic.
- Written by fellows and junior faculty from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use