Concise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual® General Internal Medicine Consult, Third Edition, provides quick access to the essential information needed when performing an inpatient consult. Chapters are organized around presenting symptom (e.g., approach to nausea, approach to low back pain), allowing quick look-up of differential diagnosis and management. Ideal for medical students, residents, and practitioners, the manual is also useful as a quick-reference guide for practicing hospitalists.
- Brief, focused information throughout, zeroing in on the essential diagnosis and assessment information you need for an internal medicine consult.
- Thoroughly revised to include new approaches to diagnosis and new therapeutic management, as well as an all-new chapter on venous thromboembolic disease.
- Organized by presenting symptom, making information easy to find so you can maximize your time spent during the consult.
- Perfect for residents asked to perform a medical consult, hospitalists, students, NPs, and PAs.
- Written by residents, fellows, and attending physicians from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click