Comprehensive, concise, and superbly illustrated, Weedon’s Skin Pathology Essentials, 3rd Edition, provides expert, easy-to-read guidance on key diagnoses in dermatopathology for pathologists and dermatologists in practice and training. This clearly written, well-structured text/atlas is ideal for quickly looking up practical problems in the recognition and diagnosis of skin lesions both clinically and histologically. Cross-referenced to the encyclopedic and authoritative Weedon’s Skin Pathology, 5th Edition, it enables you to avoid pitfalls and make the most accurate diagnoses with confidence.
- Covers more than 1,300 dermatopathological entities, both common and rare, including additional entries in every section of the text.
- Provides more than 3,000 color histopathologic and clinical images for complete visual coverage of key diagnostic points for any given entity, and features new illustrations of rare conditions and unusual manifestations.
- Includes numerous summary tables and diagnostic algorithms that guide you to the most likely diagnosis and set of differential diagnoses for numerous inflammatory and neoplastic skin conditions.
- Discusses the latest immunohistochemical staining techniques and molecular genetic techniques.
- Uses a highly templated, bulleted, outline format throughout, facilitating quick and easy retrieval of key information.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Ronald Johnston, MD, Assistant Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, USA