For over 40 years, Yen & Jaffe’s Reproductive Endocrinology has been the gold standard text of both basic science and clinical practice of the full range of female and male reproductive disorders. The fully revised 9th Edition continues this tradition of excellence with complete coverage, including up-to-date information on impaired fertility, infertility, recurrent pregnancy loss, problems of sexual development, menstrual disturbances, fibroids, endometriosis, female and male reproductive aging, fertility preservation, assisted reproduction technologies including ovarian stimulation and ovulation induction, transgender hormonal treatment, contraception, and more. An outstanding editorial board and other global experts in the field share their knowledge and expertise to keep you abreast of current science and practice in endocrinology.
- Includes new chapters on Meiosis, Fertilization and Embryo Development; Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; Uterus Transplantation; Mitochondrial Transplantation and Gene Editing; and Germs Cells Developed In Vitro.
- Provides extensively revised information on contemporary practices in assisted reproduction, fertility preservation, and ovulation induction.
- Provides an online video library that highlights surgical procedures, diagnostic imaging, and functional ultrasound imaging.
- Adds three new members to the exceptional editorial team: Drs. Anuja Dokras, Carmen J. Williams, and Zev Williams.
- Features full-color, high-quality illustrations that clearly depict basic anatomic structures, endocrine processes, and cell function and dysfunction.
- Includes bulleted lists under major headings in each chapter for quick, at-a-glance summaries of every section.
- Lists Top References at the end of each chapter that distill the most important references for research underpinnings, to complement the complete online reference list.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
Edited by Jerome F. Strauss, III, MD, PhD, Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs, VCU Health System; Dean, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia ; Robert L. Barbieri, MD, Kate Macy Ladd Professor, Department of of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Harvard Medical School; Chief, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts; Anuja Dokras, MD, PhD; Carmen J Williams, MD, PhD and S. Zev Williams, MD, PhD