Advanced Approaches in Echocardiography – a volume in the exciting new Practical Echocardiography Series edited by Dr. Catherine M. Otto – provides practical, how-to guidance on advanced and challenging echocardiographic techniques such as 3D echo, contrast echo, strain echo, and intracardiac echo. Definitive, expert instruction from Drs. Linda D. Gillam and Catherine M. Otto is presented in a highly visual, case-based approach that facilitates understanding and equips you to master these difficult and cutting-edge modalities. Access the full text online at www.expertconsult.com along with cases, procedural videos and abundant, detailed figures and tables that show you how to proceed, step by step, and get the best results.
1. Transthoracic Three-Dimensional Echocardiography
2. Advanced Echocardiography Approaches: 3D Transesophageal Assessment of the Mitral Valve
3. Two-Dimensional and Three-Dimensional Echocardiographic Evaluation of the Right Ventricle
4. Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiography in the Catheterization Laboratory
5. Intracardiac Echocardiography for Common Interventions on Structural Heart Disease 73
6. Strain and Strain Rate Imaging
7. Assessing Twist and Torsion
8. Echocardiographic Tools for Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
9. Contrast Perfusion Echocardiography
10. Evaluation of Coronary Blood Flow by Echo Doppler
11. Stress Testing for Structural Heart Disease
12. Multimodality Cardiac Imaging-When Is Echo Not Enough?