-: CLEANED :-
- The indispensable quick reference and revision guide for junior doctors and medical students
- The only handbook to include history, examination, practical procedures, and data interpretation
- Full colour, with even more photos and diagrams to aid understanding
- Includes the essential procedures that the final year medical student and senior nurse are expected to perform, and the theory, practice, and complications for each
New to this edition
- Includes a new chapter on the eyes
- Sections on non-verbal communication and body language have been expanded
- Practical procedures chapter revised to include more procedures
- Chapters have been reordered to aid navigation and rapid-reference
Fully updated and revised for its second edition, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Examination and Practical Skillsis the only truly comprehensive pocket guide to all aspects of history taking, physical examination, practical procedures, data interpretation, and communication skills. Packed with expert knowledge and practical guidance it gives realistic advice on coping with common situations.
The handbook is structured to allow rapid reference of key information, and to aid understanding with concise and practical clinical guidance. Full colour throughout, it includes over 140 detailed photographs and diagrams of all common examination skills to show you exactly what you need to do and the theory, practice and complications for each. More photos have been included, with over half completely new and specially produced for this edition. Each system chapter covers applied anatomy, history, examination, and the presentation of common and important disorders. Data interpretation covers the basics of x-rays, ECGs and other key areas. A new chapter on the eyes is included along with the sections on body language and non-verbal communication, and the section on practical procedures has been expanded. This handbook will help to ensure you have the confidence and skill to carry out an A grade examination every time.
Readership: Medical students and student nurses throughout their clinical years. It will also prove useful to junior doctors and nurse practitioners as a primer.
-: CLEANED :-