This third edition of Pediatric Radiology—a volume in The Requisites in Radiology series—covers everything from basic principles of interpreting diagnostic imaging studies through cutting-edge techniques. Expert authors Johan G. Blickman, MD, PhD and Patrick D. Barnes, MD are now joined by Bruce R. Parker, MD to provide the latest advances in pediatric radiology in a convenient, quick-access format with high-quality images. This edition features a greater emphasis on differential diagnosis, neuron functional imaging, and coverage of the dynamic topic of cardiac MR. Youll have everything you need to succeed in radiology examinations, subspecialty rotations, and clinical practice.
- Features expanded coverage of new and emerging imaging trends, including state of the art imaging techniques, dose optimization, the roles of the child life specialist and anesthesiologist in pediatric imaging, and the importance of effective communication in pediatric imaging.
- Focuses on team-based patient care with coverage of the increasingly important aspect of interpersonal relations with the patient, family, and members of the healthcare team.
- Crucial differences between pediatric and adult imaging are emphasized within each major organ system.
- Highlights key concepts of pediatric imaging, with special attention paid to dose optimization and the ALARA principle.
- Includes the newest imaging safety standards surrounding children, focusing on safe radiation dosing and optimization of imaging via lower radiation doses.
- Provides updated imaging approaches and illustrations of newer techniques applied in common pediatric conditions.
- 1,120 images clarify basic principles and offer expert image interpretation guidance.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.