The Dysphagia Placement Workbook has been specifically designed to help UK and Australian students and newly-qualified speech and language therapists develop basic competencies and gain clinical experience in dysphagia. It has been created in close collaboration with clinicians and has been validated by clinicians in a research project.
- provides a clear framework to enable clinical educators to plan for student placements
- contains pre-placement learning activities and activities that can be completed on placement
- contains activities that are designed to help support discussions between clinical educators and students, and to encourage peer learning, reflective practice and application of theory to practice
- contains activities that can be adapted to be used with both paediatric and adult populations
- contains some activities that are designed to be carried out independently without direct supervision
Please also see the accompanying textbook, Developing Clinical Skills in Dysphagia, which has been created for clinical educators to use alongside the student and newly qualified therapist workbook.