Diffusion weighted imaging (DWI) is a key emerging imaging modality for the management of patients with possible breast lesions, and Diffusion MRI of the Breast is the first book to focus on all aspects of DWI in today’s practice. It covers the knowledge necessary to undertake clinical breast DWI, with a thorough review of how DWI is currently used as a breast imaging modality and how breast lesions appear on DWI. Expert clinicians and physicists from around the world share their knowledge and expertise on everything from technical requirements and image analysis to clinical applications of DWI (diagnosis, prognosis, treatment monitoring) with case examples, and upcoming developments in the field (radiomics, AI).
- Offers an in-depth discussion of DWI’s clinical applications in breast imaging, including the position of DWI with respect to other modalities, the use of DWI in the diagnosis of suspicious lesions with a multiparametric protocol, the use of DWI as an imaging biomarker of prognosis and response prediction, the potential role of DWI for unenhanced breast MR screening, and more.
- Provides a basic introduction to DWI before discussing a practical approach to clinical interpretation and quality assurance issues.
- Covers specific challenges and advanced techniques (IVIM, non-Gaussian diffusion, DTI, and other novel techniques), radiomics and artificial intelligence, and different vendor approaches in breast DWI packages.
- Features more than 500 high-quality images throughout.
- Explains how DWI could be specifically used to provide information on prognosis and prediction factors.
- Evaluates the current status of DWI, its potential for the management of breast cancer patients, and possible future developments in the field.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Edited by Mami Iima; Savannah Partridge, Professor, Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA and Denis Le Bihan