- New chapters on the right ventricle, diastolic function, and coronary disease are included
- Updates reflect current material such as extensive revisions to the normal TEE views, Ventricular Assist Devices and Heart Transplant, and cardiomyopathies chapters
- Now contains more than 600 full-color, high quality clinical images and illustrations
- Synopsis of cardiac pathology commonly encountered in cardiac surgery patients
- Written for anesthesiologists, cardiac surgeons, cardiologists and intensive care physicians desiring comprehensive, up-to-date echocardiographic information at their fingertips
Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) is a valuable diagnostic modality now routinely used during cardiac surgery and in the intensive care unit. Increasingly, anesthesiologists, cardiologists and critical care physicians trained in TEE provide the service in both settings where they face the challenge of integrating numerous current TEE guidelines into day-to-day practice. Perioperative Two-Dimensional Transesophageal Echocardiography: A Practical Handbook, 2nd Edition has been designed to be a concise, portable guide for using TEE to recognize cardiac pathology during the perioperative period.
This compact guide has a diverse appeal for anesthesiologists, cardiac surgeons and cardiologists desiring comprehensive up-to-date echocardiographic information at their fingertips.
Updated to include 4 new chapters
Now contains more than 600 full-color, high quality clinical images and illustrations
Includes the most recent guidelines
Retains a compact format that highlights key information
Synopsis of cardiac pathology commonly encountered in cardiac surgery patients
On-the-spot reference for echocardiographers with a wide range from novice to expert experience