- Remains the leading reference book for pediatric hepatobiliary surgery
- Expert editors and authors, drawn from leading international centers for childrens liver surgery
- Detailed chapters complemented by high quality operative line drawings to aid understanding
- Fully revised section on transplant surgery
- Now includes fully searchable VitalSource eBook which can be downloaded for offline reading on a PC, Mac or mobile device
Surgery of the Liver, Bile Ducts and Pancreas in Children, Third Edition describes the modern approach to the diagnosis, management and surgery of childhood conditions of the liver and associated structures. The first edition was recognized worldwide as a landmark publication and helped to establish pediatric hepatobiliary surgery as a discrete subspecialty; the second was expanded to include pancreatic diseases, transplantation and trauma. This third edition is overseen by a new editorial team from two world-leading centers for childrens liver surgery: Kings College Hospital in London, and Lurie Childrens Hospital in Chicago. The book has been further expanded and updated by a team of international experts to take account of the very latest advances in research and practice.